TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your Luxury Escape Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0488 058 227
Guest (“you”, “your”)
Agent (“Your Luxury Escape”, “we”, “us”, “our”)
Accommodation Licence Agreement
These terms and conditions are between you (the Guest) and Your Luxury Escape (as Agent
for the Owner) relating to your occupation of the Accommodation.
You are granted a licence to occupy the Accommodation during the agreed period (“Licence
Period”) as set out in your booking confirmation for short term or holiday purposes. This
licence is not transferrable.
The use of the accommodation for business or commercial purposes, including but not
limited to photo shoots, special interest groups or events, is strictly prohibited unless with our
prior written agreement.
Completion of a Guest Agreement is required prior to your arrival. This includes a photo ID
verification which will be used to verify your identity at time of check in. Your Personal
Information will be stored in a manner that protects it from misuse and loss and from
unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We will require all guests full name and age. This is a NSW Government requirement for all
Holiday Letting Guests from the 1st November 2021.
By signing this agreement, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions for the booking. A
booking is confirmed once payment has been made and you have received a confirmation
email from us.
Any breach of the below terms and conditions permits the Agent to refuse entry, amend the
rent or immediately terminate the booking. Refunds will not be paid on bookings terminated
due to breaches of terms and conditions.
(check full descriptions for complete terms and conditions)
50% at time of booking, remainder payable 30 days before arrival
Minimum 48 hours before arrival
Credit card (Visa & Mastercard), bank transfer.
Security for noise complaints, damages, excess guests (over the agreed amount), late check
out (not previously arranged), excess cleaning or rubbish, and cancellations
No refunds, 12-month credit. See more details information on Page 3.
Rules: No parties, no noise after 9pm, No smoking, No extra guests, No animals or pet,
Clean up after yourself to avoid extra charges, Sort your rubbish – organics, landfill,
Check in: 3pm
Check out: 10am. Please follow the check out procedure.
Booking and Payment
• A deposit payment of 50% of the total tariff is required at the time of booking, with a signed
Terms and Conditions agreement.
• The remaining 50% tariff balance is required 30 days prior to your arrival date.
• If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment is required at the time of
• If final payment is not received with 30 days of your arrival, the Agent reserves the right to
cancel the booking and relist the accommodation. No refund will be provided.
• Unless otherwise agreed, no booking shall exceed 90 days and if a booking exceeds 90 days a
lease will be drafted and will replace these terms and Conditions.
• Payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard, PayPal or bank transfer. Credit card
payments may incur additional charges refer to your bank for exact rates.
• All rates and transactions are processed in Australian Dollars (AUD) and inclusive of GST.
• Accommodation tariffs may change online at any time without notice.
• A security bond is required prior to your arrival. The amount will be outlined on your
• Bond payment methods:
Credit card: A pre-authorisation bond amount is held by your bank and released
within 7 working days after your departure. The transaction does not appear on your
credit card statement once it has been released. Please provide card details within
48 hours prior to your arrival. (Only available with some banks)
Direct debit/EFT: Payment must reach our bank account 48 hours prior to your
arrival. Please email your payment receipt to email@example.com
No bond = No keys.
• Once your bond payment has been processed you will receive access instructions, key
codes, and directions via email.
• Your bond will be released or refunded to your original payment method within 7 working
days of your departure, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
• If your bond payment was made by direct debit/EFT, this will be refunded to the account
details provided on your registration document.
• Should there be any damages or losses to the Accommodation, the full bond will be
retained until repairs have been completed. Your bond will then be refunded, less any
damage or replacement costs.
• Receipts and photographic evidence (where applicable) of any damage or misuse of
property will be provided to you by the Agent.
• The Agent is authorised to make deductions from the pre-authorised credit card amount or
bond payment in the event of any damage to the accommodation or its contents or in the
event of a late check-out, overstay or other breach of this agreement that incurs a cost.
Nothing in this clause limits our rights to recover damages over and above the amount of the
• Guests are responsible for all damages to the premises plus loss of or damage to any
items in the premises during the licence period.
• Cancellations requests by the Guest must be made by email.
• For any cancellation by the Guest made 30 days or less from the date of arrival, no
monies paid are refundable.
• $150.00 is payable for any cancellation or changes to dates.
• For cancellation by the Tenant made more than 30 days from the date of arrival, the full
deposit, less the relet fee, will only be refunded if the premises are re-let for the same period
as the Tenant’s booking and at the same nightly rate. Otherwise the deposit is not
• We strongly recommend all guests consider travel insurance.
• Agency/Owner cancellations:
We reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen
If the booking is cancelled by the Agent or Owner, you will receive a full refund.
The Agent will not be responsible for any third-party expenses in connection to your
stay, including but not limited to travel, activities or insurance.
• We’re protective of our community and want to ensure it remains COVID-free. If you’re
feeling unwell, please ensure you have a negative COVID test before travelling to our region.
• We will not accept bookings from guests coming from restricted travel areas.
• By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant that all guests are not subject to
travel restrictions and are COVID-free.
• If your booking has been impacted by COVID 19 please notify us ASAP at
• We will offer:
•A 12-month credit for the same property.
•Different dates may incur higher tariffs.
•Rate differences on rescheduled bookings are payable within 30 days prior to your arrival
• We do not provide refunds on bookings impacted by COVID 19 Government restrictions. • •
• We strongly recommend all guests consider travel insurance.
• For bookings made via third-party booking platforms (such as Airbnb), please refer to the
booking terms on their website.
• Information on key collection and return will be emailed to you once your bond has been
• Lost keys or remote controls will incur additional costs, to be taken from your bond. This
includes security or locksmith call outs and replacement of keys, key barrels and remote
controls to ensure the security of the accommodation is maintained for future guests.
• On departure, please lock up the property, ensure windows are closed and keys are
returned to the designated key box. Failure to lock the property constitutes a serious breach
of your tenancy and could result in claim for damages for weather events, theft or loss
arising from leaving the property unsecured.
Arrival and Departure Times
• Check in: From 3:00pm on the day of your arrival.
• Check out: By 10:00am on the day of your departure, unless agreed otherwise in writing.
Additional charges will apply for unauthorised late check-outs.
• Early check in/late check out requests are subject to availability. Please email
firstname.lastname@example.org prior to arrival or departure.
• As the Guest making the booking and signing this agreement, you must stay at the
property and will be held responsible for the conduct of all guests and any damage to the
• The majority of guests staying at the property must be aged over 25 unless accompanied
by a parent.
• A full list of guest names, ages and addresses must be provided prior to arrival.
• The maximum number of guests should not exceed the agreed number of guests on your
booking confirmation at any time. Properties are for guests only.
• The property is leased to the nominated person for holiday letting purposes only, for the
period stated and the number of persons nominated on the booking form. If it is found
additional persons are staying at the property, the Agent reserves the right to immediately
terminate the booking, without refund.
• Guests must sleep in bedding provided by the accommodation. Temporary, makeshift or
alternative bedding is strictly prohibited.
• Parking of campervans, caravans or trailers at or adjacent to the accommodation is not
permitted at any time.
• We respect your privacy and will act with complete discretion with regards to your personal
• We will only disclose your personal details to our staff and service providers where it is
necessary to manage your booking or accommodation requests.
• If the accommodation is fitted with external video surveillance systems for security and
protection of the accommodation and its occupants, you consent to the use of these during
No loud noise or music after 9:00pm. No party policy.
Please refrain from using swimming pools/spas before 6am or after 9pm.
• Holiday letting noise is closely monitored by Byron Shire residents and the Byron Bay
Holiday Letting Organisation. A 24-hour noise complaints hotline is in operation in the Shire
and third-party security personnel will respond promptly.
• Any noise complaints from neighbouring properties or security call outs as a result of calls
to the hotline will result in termination of your booking and immediate vacation of the
accommodation without refund. This will not be negotiable.
• Our properties are NOT available for schoolies, weddings, functions or parties of any kind.
There are many other venues and various operators in the area that provide this service.
• The Agent takes no responsibility for any issues relating to noise from neighbouring
properties. Please contact the noisy neighbour hot line if this occurs 02 6626 6888
• For the comfort of all of our guests, there is no smoking permitted anywhere within our
accommodation, including balconies.
• Excess cleaning required as a result of smoking on or inside the property will incur
additional costs, to be deducted from your bond.
Excess Cleaning, Damages and Repairs
• Each property is to be treated with care and respect and left in good condition to avoid
excess cleaning charges.
• Kitchen – All kitchen utensils, crockery, glasses and cookware should be washed and put
away on departure or rinsed and stacked in the dishwasher. Kitchen benches should be
wiped clean. Please remove all food items from the fridge/freezer.
• Rubbish should be placed in Council bins provided.
• BBQs should be cleaned on departure using the provided cleaning products.
• Excess cleaning fees will apply per hour for excessively dirty interiors/exteriors, rubbish
removal and BBQ cleaning ($100 minimum).
• In the event of damages, breakages or lost items, please notify our office as soon as
possible to arrange replacement or repairs.• Repairs to any appliances or equipment will be attended to as soon as possible. Due to
circumstances outside of our control (ordering of parts or availability of tradespeople)
immediate repairs may not be possible.
• There will be no refund or discount deducted from tariffs for unusable appliances or
equipment awaiting repair.
• If repairs cannot be attended to, we will endeavour to supply a substitute appliance or
Rubbish sorting and collection
Byron Shire uses a 3-bin system for rubbish. Be a good sort and help keep Byron clean!
● Green bin – organic waste, food scraps, soiled paper, cardboard, serviettes, garden
waste, bamboo and wooden cutlery (goes to composting)
● Red bin – nappies, wipes, textiles, soft plastics and wrappers, polystyrene, lids from
bottles, take away cups/coffee cups, cutlery (goes to landfill)
● Yellow bin – glass bottles, jars, plastic bottles and containers (remove lids), tins and
cans, paper and cardboard (goes to recycling)
• On departure, please put all rubbish in the bins provided.
• If excess rubbish removal is required, additional costs will be deducted from your bond.
Linen, towels and servicing
• Linen and bath towels are provided unless otherwise notified.
• If you require additional linen or towels during your stay, please contact us. If extra is
required this will incur additional fees.
• Our cleaners will remove and replace all linen and towels on your departure.
• Daily services are not included in your booking, however, can be arranged on request at
• Internet services are provided free of charge for standard usage.
• High volume data transfers are not permitted.
• The Agent is not responsible for interruptions to internet service.
• The Agent is not responsible for guests’ personal property.
• Owner’s insurance does not cover guests’ personal possessions.
• If you misplace any items while staying at the accommodation, please contact us as soon
as possible, we will endeavour to locate these, however if we can’t we will not be held
• Any items located by our cleaners will be returned to you at your own cost.
• Animals are not allowed on or inside properties unless prior written agreement has been
provided by the Agent.
Descriptions of properties are provided in good faith and not a warranty in respect to the
location, aspect, size, nature, quality, finish or condition of the property and its contents, and does not give you the right to cancel or change the booking unless the description is
A condition of entering and/or staying at accommodation managed by the Agent means that
all guests understand and agree to indemnify the Agent and owner against any responsibility
or action/s (legal or other) due to any action/s, incident/s, loss or injury while within or
outside of the premises, including but not limited to the grounds, facilities, structures or
furnishings, during a stay or at any other time. It is a condition of the booking that you hold
The Agent will not be liable to you for any business, financial or economic loss or for any
consequential or indirect losses such as lost reputation, lost bargain, lost profit, loss of
anticipated savings or lost opportunity arising as a result of this agreement, the
Accommodation or the rental (whether such loss arises as a result of the Agent’s or Owner’s
negligence or otherwise).
The Agent’s liability for all losses (with the exception of personal injury or death arising as a
result of negligence) will be limited to the cost of obtaining replacement accommodation for
the agreed Licence Period or the amount of the Accommodation Fees and charges payable
by you, whichever is the higher amount.
Variations to these Terms and Conditions may only be made with the Owner or the Owner’s
Agent in writing.
Guests who book accommodation in premises within NSW must abide by their
responsibilities and obligations under the NSW Fair Trading Code of Conduct for the Short
Term Rental Accommodation Industry.