Immerse yourself in the Byron lifestyle. From the ocean to the hills, into the rainforest and beyond. You’ll experience natural beauty at it’s most raw and find local treasures on this voyage into local culture. At journey’s end, you’ll feel apart of it. Immerse yourself in Byron in seven days!
IMMERSE - BYRON IN 7 DAYS
• Rise early! Be first to greet the sun on Australia’s most easterly point. Starting at The Pass, follow the spectacular coastal trail through rain forest and across rocky cliff faces to Wategos. Continue your sunrise venture along the beach to the lighthouse track. It’s all up from here to the Cape Byron headland, but the scenery is worth every deep breath. Look out for the large pod of dolphins that frequent Wategos and the brush turkeys and wallabies that inhabit the headland. At the top, the lighthouse glistens and the sleepy Bay below wakes. From June to October, whales breach close to the headland. Keep an eye out for sea eagles, also known as Miwing to the Arakwal people. Plunge yourself into the ocean at Wategos on your way back down. You’ll feel alive!
MIWING ABOVE WATEGOS
• Challenge: Book a sunrise session with a personal trainer who knows the trail and can inspire you to reach your goals.
• Refuel in the dunes behind Clarks Beach with breakfast at Beach Byron Bay. Dine in with a view of the Bay, watch the waves roll rhythmically in from The Pass and relax into the pace of the north coast.
• Hit the town and search for treasure. Explore the latest fashion from local designers and coastal style homewares. They’ll have you yearning for your own private beachfront retreat at Belongil. For dreamy, gypsy, wilderness wear, drop into Arnhem, Spell and the Gypsy Collective, or Dreamers and Drifters, or walk from Lawson to Fletcher Street for a cluster of fashionistas. You’ll find a much needed caffeine hit close by at Combi or Sparrow.
• Grab a light lunch at one of the many cafes around town, sit outside at the Beach Hotel and gaze at the ocean, or perch yourself on The Balcony in the afternoon sun for freshly shucked oysters and creative share plates.
• Book an afternoon massage at The Haven Byron Bay. Switch off for an hour and immerse yourself in the warmth of a float tank filled with magnesium rich water. You’ll float weightlessly into a deep state of relaxation.
• Rejoin your group for a pre-dinner cocktail and tapas at The Mez Club before a casual dinner at town favourites - Targa, St Elmo or Trattoria Basiloco. A relaxing start to your luxury holiday in Byron Bay.
• Rise for an early morning ocean swim as you’ll be leaving the coast behind today and heading into the hinterland. Grab a roadie coffee from Spice (in town), 100 Mile Table or Bun Coffee (Arts & Industry Estate) on your way out of Byron.
• On the road to Federal you’ll pass through rolling green hills and roadside fruit and vege stands. Stop to sample fresh local produce and a tasty road trip snacks.
• The fresh country air will stimulate your appetite and Doma at Federal awaits. Set in an old church and serving Japanese style dishes with a modern twist, it’s a brunch or lunch stop with a difference. Local roasters, Moonshine Coffee, are just a couple of doors down and give you a taste of the hills you’ll want to savor for a while. For a village shopping experience, check into The Hills Emporium for a curated collection of hinterland homewares and fashion. Federal is a small village with a big, earthy soul and captures the hearts of many.
• Continue on to Minyon Falls Lookout in the Nightcap National Park. If there’s been rainfall recently, the waterfall will be gushing. At over 100 metres high, it’s a spectacular sight and amazing roar amongst the peace and serenity of the surrounding rainforest. Minyon Falls was once part of the Tweed Volcano and now part of the largest area of subtropical rainforest in the world.
• Challenge: Continue on the 13km return Minyon Falls walking track that leads you down into the rainforest and across the creek at the base of the waterfall. Allow 3-4 hours.
• Head back for a relaxing afternoon at Crystal Castle where you can collect your thoughts. Have your tarot cards read, stand tall inside the largest amethyst cave in the world, sit beside Australia’s largest stone Blessing Buddha and walk quietly through the beautiful Shambala gardens. A pure dreamscape to awaken your soul.
• Enjoy breakfast at your luxury holiday accommodation before heading off for a dolphin kayak tour with Go Sea Byron Bay. You’ll experience Byron Bay and Australia’s most easterly point from the ocean and have the opportunity to get up close and personal with wild bottlenose dolphins, humpback whales and sea turtles.
• Lunch at the Top Shop. Dry out in the sun on the grassy corner with a grilled haloumi burger in hand.
• Spend a leisurely afternoon at Stone and Wood with a brewery tour and craft beer tasting or become educated in the fine art of making Brookie’s Gin at Cape Byron Distillery on the hills of St Helena.
• Enjoy an early evening cocktail and easy Mexican style dinner at Miss Margarita before joining the locals at iconic hotels, The Rails or the Beach Hotel for live entertainment. If you prefer a nice lounge, find refuge at The Bolt Hole with a signature cocktail and selection of over 200 whiskeys and gins.
• Relax, it’s time for a sleep in (try a yoga session if you’re not sleepy)! Cruise the morning at your luxury accommodation before heading to The Ranch for a stunning beach ride on horseback. You’ll swim with the horses in the ocean while gazing back on the lighthouse and the beautiful Bay.
• Time for a casual wander around Habitat where you’ll find the latest pop up gallery and fashion wares. Further into the Arts & Industry Estate you’ll find Afends for men’s and women’s fashion or Jules Hunt for a ceramic art piece. This is a hub of creativity to explore and you may take home a world of Byron treasures you’ve collected along the way.
• Relax the late afternoon at your Byron Bay luxury accommodation or sneak in an in-house massage.
• Enjoy a plant-based dinner at boutique herbal restaurant and bar, Elixiba. Relax with an exclusive cocktail made from custom distilled herbal liquors that offer the good vibes and great feelings gained from superfoods, herbs and Australian bush foods. With names like Columbian Cleanser (coca leaf liqueur, vodka and aloe vera juice), Rising Geisha and the colour changing Cheshire Cat, you’re in for an evening of healthy food and Byron style fun.
• Arrive at Mojo Surf headquarters for a surf lesson and a taste of Byron beach culture. You’ll be on your feet in no time and planning your next trip to an exotic surf destination.
• Explore the coast further with a walk to Broken Head’s back beaches where you’ll walk through beautiful rainforest, view the lighthouse in the distance above Tallow Beach, read the local Arakwal people’s story about Three Sisters Rock and be privy to a hidden side of Byron Bay.
• Back on the road, head inland and up towards Newrybar, stopping at local coffee plantation, Zentvelds for a steaming hot brew straight from the roastery door.
• Check out Newrybar Merchants for a collection of local artists’ creations and curated treasures from around the world. Continue on to Bangalow and drop in to one of the many art galleries, cafes or specialty homeware stores. Island Luxe, Hendrix & Harlow, Zakay Glass and Pack Gallery are well worth a visit.
• Return to Newrybar for a taste of the local area in a fine dining experience at Harvest. Seasonal food sourced from the Byron area and their own edible garden prepared with foraged wild Australian native ingredients.
• It’s market day somewhere… follow the chilled vibe to the nearest community or fresh food market and spend the morning experiencing the Byron region at ground level. Fresh local produce or local craftspeople displaying their talents, it’s a fun morning among the community you’ve been getting to know over the past few days. Freshly brewed coffee straight from the roasters, exotic and native foods and unique creations you won’t find in your home town.
• Cool off at the beach and take a late afternoon walk from Main Beach to The Pass. Enjoy a cocktail on the deck at Beach Byron Bay along the way. Climb Fisherman’s Lookout and watch the surfers catch wave after wave at The Pass. On your return, you’ll be treated to a magical sunset over Wollumbin and Byron Bay. A fall-in-love kinda moment.
• Enjoy dinner in one of the many restaurants along Bay Lane, behind the Beach Hotel.
• Make the most of your last day in this beautiful region. Explore the Cape Byron Marine Park and its calm, peaceful river estuaries on a stand up paddle boarding adventure along the Brunswick River with Byron Stand Up Paddle. It’s a relaxing way to see the local wildlife.
@BYRON STAND UP PADDLE BOARD
• Challenge: Alternatively, for a high thrill peak to your Byron Bay luxury holiday, step outside of your comfort zone and embark on a tandem skydive over one of Australia’s most spectacular sceneries with Skydive Byron Bay. It’ll be a day to remember either way.
• Explore Brunswick Heads before a celebratory late lunch at twice hatted restaurant, Fleet. Sample divine creations made from locally sourced produce and chat all things food at the small, communal table, which will have your friends back home in awe of your experience.
• Return to the privacy and comfort of your luxury holiday accommodation for an early night and all it has to offer. In seven days, you’ve been fully immersed in Byron and can’t wait to come back.
• Need a day driver? See Byron in style from the split window of a Kombi or in a chauffeured limousine. Let local drivers safely guide you to a memorable day out in Byron Bay or the hinterland.