A deeper exploration into the Byron Bay lifestyle. From the ocean to the hills and into the rainforest. You’ll greet the sun rising across the ocean, head into the Byron hinterland for a day of natural beauty and spiritual awakening. Sample local creations and meet the local wildlife on a unique voyage. Explore Byron in three days!
EXPLORE - BYRON IN 3 DAYS
@GO SEA KAYAK
Rise early! Be first to greet the sun on Australia’s most easterly point. Starting at The Pass, follow the spectacular coastal trail through rainforest and across rocky cliff faces to Wategos. Continue your sunrise venture along the beach to the lighthouse track. It’s all up from here to the Cape Byron headland, but the scenery is worth every deep breath. Look out for the large pod of dolphins that frequent Wategos and the brush turkeys and wallabies that inhabit the headland. At the top, the lighthouse glistens and the sleepy Bay below wakes. From June to October, whales breach close to the headland. Keep an eye out for sea eagles, also known as Miwing to the Arakwal people. Plunge yourself into the ocean at Wategos on your way back down. You’ll feel alive!
• Challenge: Book a sunrise session with a personal trainer who knows the trail and can inspire you to reach your goals.
• Refuel in the dunes behind Clarks Beach with breakfast at Beach Byron Bay. Dine in with a view of the Bay, watch the waves roll rhythmically in from The Pass and relax into the pace of the north coast.
• Hit the town and search for treasure. Explore the latest fashion from local designers and coastal style homewares. They’ll have you yearning for your own private beachfront retreat at Belongil. For dreamy, gypsy, wilderness wear, drop into Arnhem, Spell and the Gypsy Collective, or Dreamers and Drifters, or walk from Lawson to Fletcher Street for a cluster of fashionistas. You’ll find a much needed caffeine hit close by at Combi or Sparrow.
• Grab a light lunch at one of the many cafes around town, sit outside at the Beach Hotel and gaze at the ocean, or perch yourself on The Balcony in the afternoon sun for freshly shucked oysters and creative share plates.
• Book an afternoon massage at The Haven Byron Bay. Switch off for an hour and immerse yourself in the warmth of a float tank filled with magnesium rich water. You’ll float weightlessly into a deep state of relaxation.
• Rejoin your group for a pre-dinner cocktail and tapas at The Mez Club before a casual dinner at town favourites - Targa, St Elmo or Trattoria Basiloco. A relaxing start to your luxury holiday in Byron Bay.
• Rise early again for an early morning ocean swim as you’ll be leaving the coast behind today and heading into the hinterland. Grab a roadie coffee from Spice (in town), 100 Mile Table or Bun Coffee (Arts & Industry Estate) on your way out of Byron.
@SPICE BYRON BAY
• On the road to Federal you’ll pass through rolling green hills and roadside fruit and vege stands. Stop to sample fresh local produce and tasty road trip snacks.
• The fresh country air will stimulate your appetite and Doma at Federal awaits. Set in an old church and serving Japanese style dishes with a modern twist, it’s a brunch or lunch stop with a difference. Local roasters, Moonshine Coffee, are just a couple of doors down and give you a taste of the hills you’ll want to savour for a while. For a village shopping experience, check into The Hills Emporium for a curated collection of hinterland homewares and fashion. Federal is a small village with a big, earthy soul and captures the hearts of many.
• Continue on to Minyon Falls Lookout in the Nightcap National Park. If there’s been rainfall recently, the waterfall will be gushing. At over 100 metres high, it’s a spectacular sight and amazing roar amongst the peace and serenity of the surrounding rainforest. Minyon Falls was once part of the Tweed Volcano and now part of the largest area of subtropical rainforest in the world.
• Challenge: Continue on the 13km return Minyon Falls walking track that leads you down into the rainforest and across the creek at the base of the waterfall. Allow 3-4 hours.
• Head back for a relaxing afternoon at Crystal Castle where you can collect your thoughts. Have your tarot cards read, stand tall inside the largest amethyst cave in the world, sit beside Australia’s largest stone Blessing Buddha and walk quietly through the beautiful Shambala gardens. A pure dreamscape to awaken your soul.
@ CRYSTAL CASTLE
• Return from the hills and head south to Harvest at Newrybar for a private dining experience. Alternatively, drop into The Farm on your return voyage back to Byron for dinner under the stars at Three Blue Ducks for the perfect finish to a day in the hinterland.
Enjoy breakfast at your luxury holiday accommodation before heading off for a dolphin kayak tour with Go Sea Byron Bay. You’ll experience Byron Bay and Australia’s most easterly point from the ocean and have the opportunity to get up close and personal with wild bottlenose dolphins, humpback whales and sea turtles.
@GO SEA KAYAK
• Lunch at the Top Shop. Dry out in the sun on the grassy corner with a grilled haloumi burger in hand.
• Spend a leisurely afternoon at Stone and Wood with a brewery tour and craft beer tasting or become educated in the fine art of making Brookie’s Gin at Cape Byron Distillery on the hills of St Helena.
• Enjoy an early evening cocktail and easy Mexican style dinner at Miss Margarita before joining the locals at iconic hotels, The Rails or the Beach Hotel for live entertainment. If you prefer a nice lounge, find refuge at The Bolt Hole with a signature cocktail and selection of over 200 whiskeys and gins.
@THE BOLT HOLE
@THE BOLT HOLE
• Need a day driver? See Byron in style from the split window of a Kombi or in a chauffeured limousine. Let local drivers safely guide you to a memorable day out in Byron Bay or the hinterland.