Heart of Byron, serene oasis, footsteps to the beach, luxuriously appointed, perfect views.
Located right beside Byron Surf Club, just footsteps from Main Beach and less than 100 meters from the world-renowned Byron Bay Beach Hotel is On the Bay 1. Completely refurbished with a state-of-the-art indoor/outdoor kitchen and living area and one of the only apartments in Byron to enjoy the north easterly aspect of the ocean and beach close up from expansive decks (you wouldn’t be the first to spot whales and dolphins spouting whilst enjoying breakfast), On the Bay is one of Byron’s (if not Australia’s!) most luxurious and superbly appointed beach house apartments.
All three bedrooms have been furnished with bespoke, hand-carved Balinese pieces and the apartment is tastefully hung with original artwork by some of Australia’s leading artists. With two master bedrooms you won’t know where to put the kids. The front master and ensuite open directly onto the front deck allowing you to listen to the sound of the waves from the comfort of the king bed. Even the ensuite’s bath and shower both have views of the ocean through the operable louvre wall. If you’re not minded to wander over to the beach for a dip in the balmy Byron waters, you might prefer to lie back in the six-person, sunken, hydrotherapy spa located in the privacy of the rear deck and directly accessible from the rear master bedroom.
The third bedroom, in the centre of the property, is furnished with a king bed that converts to two king singles as required.
The living room is complemented by a 1.5 meter gas log fireplace that (on those rare days when Byron gets a little chilly) warms the whole house with the press of a button. The 65 inch Samsung “The Frame TV” above the fireplace reads as just another piece of art but allows you to binge on all of your favourite shows. Sonos speakers in every room and on the front deck complete the entertainment systems for the property. A second living space in the centre of the house allows for kicking back to quietly read or play a board game if the front deck’s lounge and main living room spaces are taken.
The brand new kitchen, designed by award winning Brett Adamson, incorporates premium European appliances with stunning whitewashed American oak cabinetry exhibiting cutting edge features and craftsmanship whilst paying homage to Byron’s relaxed beachside culture. However, you may prefer to do all of your cooking in the outdoor kitchen on the front deck on the DCS BBQ and Pitt Wok Burner whilst taking in the view straight over Apex Park to the sea.
With all of Byron’s fabulous restaurants only moments away you will be spoilt for choice at meal time. However, if you do choose to enjoy the odd dinner at home you will find the dining area perfectly complemented by the motorised hidden bar built into the cabinetry fully equipped with Reidel glassware and decanters..
Quite simply, On the Bay 1 has everything that you and your family need for the perfect luxury Byron holiday. For bigger groups, we also manage “On The Bay 2” located right next door which also accommodates six guests.
– Grand winner 2008, Northern Rivers Urban Design Award
– Immaculate indoor/outdoor kitchen areas
– Luxurious and elegantly furnished and decorated
– Six-person, three motor hydrotherapy spa on rear deck
– 1.5 meter one touch gas fireplace in living room
– Timber floorboards and large recycled ironbark timber decking
– Custom feature lighting
– Impressive floor to ceiling glass doors and windows for natural light
– Open plan living and dining
– Fully ducted air conditioning
– Well insulated for peace and privacy
– Fully equipped laundry
– Underground double lock-up garage
– Private lift (or stair) access
– Three bedrooms
– Two bathrooms with baths, additional guest toilet
– Sleeps six guests
Bedroom 1: King bed with ensuite
Bedroom 2: King bed
Bedroom 3: King bed or 2 x Single beds on request
“We love being able to walk across the park to have a swim at the beach with just a towel and then walk back to the apartment for a shower, it makes a swim at the beach so relaxed and easy.”
“Relaxing on the front deck in the evening listening to the waves and sometimes a musician playing in Apex park is just so perfectly Byron.”
“The location of this apartment is perfect. Just a short stroll to cafes and shops. We spent the afternoons sipping our cocktails on the balcony listening to the live music from the beach across the road. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms spacious, perfect for our group of 6 ladies. The kitchen is incredible, though we didn’t use any of the cooking facilities, the convenience of eating out and Byron’s amazing array of food was too appealing.”
– An internationally renowned holiday destination, Byron Bay offers a vibrant, bustling seaside community with sensational restaurants, cafes and shops.
– On The Bay is opposite Main Beach, directly opposite the Byron Bay Surf Lifesaving Club. The beach is just a few steps away.
– The iconic Beach Hotel is your late afternoon appointment. It’s within footsteps of your door.
– Wander down to The Wreck to watch a magical sunset fall over Mt Warning.
– 25 minutes to Ballina Byron Gateway Airport
– 45 minutes to Gold Coast International Airport
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Schoolies, bucks or hens groups are not suitable for this property. Strict No Party policy. No pets. Bookings will be cancelled upon breach of these policies. This property is not suitable for persons under 25 years of age without prior approval. SCHOOLIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, PLEASE DO NOT ASK. Thank you for your understanding.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-32336